Thursday, July 09, 2009

GratiTuesday, even though it's actually Thursday...

My friend, Jennie Stiles wanted to hear about things we're grateful for... I wanted to give it a shot. So here goes...
I AM GRATEFUL FOR...:
  • ...the little things in life that make me happy... hugs from my nephews and nieces, smiles and giggles, a gorgeous sunset, a movie you could watch over and over, music, books, a good joke, (I could keep going.)
  • ...my friends and family. I love you all. Bill Withers was right: "We all need somebody to lean on."
  • ...my career. It feels good when I'm able to help someone.
  • ...all the teachers and instructors I've had during my life. You are the reason I have a career and am able to do what I do for others.
  • ...having a roof over my head.
  • ...feeling safe in my home and where I live.
  • ...those who work in emergency services. Who wouldn't admire someone willing to risk their life for a stranger? You are why I feel safe where I live.
  • ...my freedom.
  • ...my country.
  • ...the right to have my own opinions and make my own choices. I can't even imagine how suffocating it must be for those who aren't able to express themselves.
MOST OF ALL I AM GRATEFUL FOR...:
  • ...those who have served or are currently serving in our military. You are the reason I have all the other things I have listed that I am grateful for... how can anyone begin to properly express enough gratitude for all you have selflessly done for the rest of us? Thank you.

My iTunes