Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blogspot vs. Facebook

Perhaps its a sign of the times. Our attention spans are getting shorter. We don't want to take the time to read anything longer than a paragraph anymore. Case in point... Blogging takes a great deal of time and effort to compose thoughts longer than two sentences. However, a blog IS perfect for those with verbal diarrhea... you can go on and on and on. Facebook gets right to the point. Got a thought? Let it out. Boom! It's done and out there for all to see. You see something funny at Walmart? Snap a pic and send it to your Facebook wall via your cell phone. BUT if then you want to tell the story in all it's gloried detail, it's now become blog fodder. Nowadays blog posts are fewer and farther between I've noticed. Facebook posts can happen spur of the moment throughout the day. Lots to see and do on Facebook (I LOVE quizzes and Top 5 lists, as if you didn't figure that out by now.) Facebook is more interactive too. It seems the wittier you are, the more people will respond to your posts. If this were Facebook and I asked the question: "Which do you prefer, Blogspot or Facebook?", I'm sure I'd get several responses. Here I'll be surprised if anyone pipes in with an opinion. Go ahead. Prove me wrong. I look forward to your thoughts.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You better not ditch the blog...grrrrr

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gjlac said...

I like the blog as a more in depth family thing. Facebook seems more for shallow funny things anymore.

My iTunes