Monday, October 01, 2007

The 20th has passed, and yet I still have that bloated feeling...

Ok, so I thought I'd be less busy after the 20th count... yeah right. I am still adrift in a sea of paperwork. I haven't yet caught up on my Medicaid logs and I am still attending meetings left and right. I had a busy week last week with dinners... my friend (and neighbor a few blocks away), Jenn Sallman (the other speech therapist in town -- yeah, now there are TWO of us!) came over on Monday to do her laundry and watch the big "Heroes" season premiere! VERY exciting! We decided to make that our weekly gathering: laundry and "Heroes". She brought the pizza last week, and I've got plenty of leftovers from this weekend's dinner. So, going back to last week: on Wednesday night, my Bunco friend, Mandy Higgins and her husband, Matt, came over for pulled pork sandwiches. We enjoyed supper, conversation, and the premiere of "Private Practice"... Matt has now decided he needs to hook up his hi-def TV to hi-def satellite after watching mine. :-) It was a fun evening. Thursday night, Mom and Dad came over for leftover pulled pork (always excellent the next day!) and Mom caught up with the "Private Practice" premiere as she'd missed it. Saturday was the Fiesta and while Jen and Bob were down enjoying the festivities ("Bigger and Better than Ever!") I was putting out some of my latest Halloween decorations and cooking up some Drunk Chickens (3, in fact) and a pan of brownies for the evening's gathering. (Did I mention how much I LOVE having my kitchen back to order and to be able to cook for others again?!) My friend, Annette Viner and her husband, Lee and their two kids, Megan (aka "Two tickets to the Boat Show") and Harrison (or as Bob named him, "Indy") came over as well as Mom, Dad, Jen, Bob, and DECOVIN! It was so fun watching him run around the house! He's such a sweetie! I love him so! :-) We finished eating, Mom and Dad took D home to put him in bed, and the rest of us played some FARKELL (sp?)!!! SO much fun! On Sunday, Jen, Bob, and D came over for lunch and stayed through the very lengthy blackout during the lovely thunderstorm downpour and we played some Rummikub and Mexican Train dominoes before they took off for home. So, today I woke up and knew I didn't want to go into work for reasons I won't go into (but I'm not sick, let's just say that). I am taking some pain meds and trying to relax. My speechie friend, Jenn is coming over again tonight for laundry and "Heroes". This time I've got dinner covered with leftovers (still have a whole chicken left). Thursday I head to Topeka for my Kansas Speech and Hearing Convention (KSHA). I'll be there until Saturday around noon then I hoof it back ASAP to the family reunion dinner at Rick and Phyllis' cabin home. I wonder if I'll ever make it on time to one of their dinners??? (I was extremely late last time too). Well, I will sign off for now as I need to go lie down again. TTFN! Love ya!

2 comments:

Jen said...

It was fun! We shall have to do it again!

gjlac said...

Yes, do it again!

My iTunes