Saturday, August 16, 2008

And how many days are there until summer break?...

School started Wednesday. Did I see children? I heard children. I did not see children. No...I spent my morning doing my best to get in as much as I could training my new para, Jolene. Poor thing. I told her the first few weeks would mostly be administrative crap... what the paperwork looks like, what it's for, how we fill it out, WHY we fill it out, where you find what paperwork I'd need, copy copy copy paperwork, file it, mail it to whom and where, make more copies, phone calls she'll have to make for me, oh and when I get back from this meeting this afternoon all of the previous things MAY change... fun times. I wonder if she was as ready to quit as I was? So I went to the meeting and a few things changed and more to change soon, but for now not toooo terrible. Thursday was the "ok I told you what was coming, so I hope you are a fast learner" day... I started getting paperwork for the meetings coming up on Monday with parents and she started all those things I mentioned previously. She actually got ALL 17 preschooler packets out to parents of students I need permission to test! WOW! That took me almost 3 weeks to get all done alone as I was last year! AWESOME! Today I tested one 3 year-old (while my para observed), scored the results and wrote 2 IEPs (Individualized Education Plans)... all the while Jolene rearranged our paperwork cubbies and got the bookshelf organized (and still made copies and phone calls and mailed stuff, etc.) Much better end of the first week than last year!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Snaps for fast learners!

gjlac said...

Good choice of Para's! You should have a good year, huh?!

The five of us: Brent, Jennifer, Sophie, Blake & Graham said...

She sounds perfect for the job!! She has a great boss, too. :-)

My iTunes