Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boom Boom OW!

I became a statistic... they say most accidents happen at home and of those, most happen in the bathroom. Yesterday, I stepped out of the shower, one still-wet foot made it off the rug and with the momentum I had going... SLIP, TRIP, FLOP. OUCH! It was slow, it was progressive, it was SPECTACULAR. I took a moment to assess the damages. I knew my knees were sore, but everything was moving and no sharp pains. Good sign. I got myself up and made it to the bedroom. I was shaken, but not stirred. On my way back to the bathroom I stubbed my toe on the coffee table. As I contemplated crawling back in bed to start my day over, I started packing a lunch (not a normal activity for me). As I pull things out of the refrigerator, half of the items I dropped on the floor. OK. I officially believe I had a little black rain cloud hanging over me. I made it to work still feeling clumsy. I still had the dropsies. Around noon the aches from the fall started kickin' in. A couple ibuprofen and I was better within the hour. No problems last night. Just a little pains in the shins, arm muscles, and some in the lower back. I woke up this morning and felt the fall all over again... OW OW OW... I do believe I'll be bruised by tomorrow. I kept hitting my very tender knees/shins all day on the table at work. More pain meds needed again around noon. I hope tomorrow isn't as painful...

2 comments:

Jen said...

You and mom! She fell out of the shower in one of their hotels yesterday morning too! Geesh!

Christy said...

Oh no...

My iTunes