- A.C. -- Mine was on the fritz as the heat started up this summer. The a.c. peeps told me it was so old that the repair might cost more than a replacement. My landlord went for the new unit. It was put in this last week and thankfully it was done in one day (while I was out) and it appears to be working GREAT!
- Vacations and parents -- my 15 state/16 day trip out west (how would YOU describe the giant rectangley shape of the western half of the country we made? Hilights: driving on Canon Beach in Oregon; Forks, WA; Grand Canyon, AZ; Crater Lake, OR; highway 101; Sequoia National Park; etc. etc. etc. So many things! The scrapbook is going to be HUGE or in 2 parts!
- Best Western Rewards program -- thanks to the trip around the U.S. and the current reward program offered, we've earned enough between the promotional offer and the points program to get at least 3 free nights! Plus with Dad's use of his AARP card we saved enough off per night to have saved almost 2 nights free DURING the trip. (p.p.s Another trip tip (Dad had one of these cards and saved us a TON on park fees): U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are at least 62 years old can purchase a Senior Pass for a one-time processing fee of $10.
- Twilight: Eclipse girls day out at the Cinema Suites! I LOVED hanging out with my friends and this movie did not disappoint!! I can't wait to see it again with Mom! (Jen, you still gonna grab Sara and join us?)
- Family gatherings -- Nothing beats a game of "Why? and Because..." with the Camden clan! I enjoyed getting to know Todd's kids a little better too! Fun times! Ruthie, you and Bob sure know how to throw a 4th of July shindig!
- My Deni 56-blade tenderizer! -- I made pulled pork once again and I'm quite convinced that, along with my brilliant slow cooker, some onions, Butt Rub, and a couple cans of Dr. Pepper, this multi-blade jewel whips up a perfect batch of pulled pork!! Low and slow (8 hrs) may also be the key. ;) But I do love my tenderizer tool! Here's the link: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.aol_refer.false.tpl.detail.msn_refer.false.item.K8232.ref.GBA?cm_ven=GOOGLEBASE&cm_cat=Cooking%20&cm_pla=Kitchen%20Tools&cm_ite=K8232
Monday, July 05, 2010
GratiSummer
It's been so long since I've blogged, I thought I'd just post what I've been grateful for over the past month:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- View my profile
- Create your own travel map or travel blog
- Find the best vacation rentals at TripAdvisor
1 comment:
Most excellent! I'm not sure when/if I am going to be able to go see Eclipse again along with Toy Story 3...so go ahead and take mom to Eclipse and then let's just plan on TS3. :-)
Post a Comment