Sunday, March 08, 2009

Who called for Armaggedon and didn't tell me?!

So it seems I've been targeted with a variety of plagues this week... started with the ginormous brown recluse climbing on my shoulder steadily toward my FACE on Monday at school. Yes, it seems my room may have some infestation of them as my para discovered yet another one on Wednesday! Oh fun. And yes, we let the school maintenance and central offices know about them. As if a spider weren't enough, Monday night I was recovering from my creepy crawlies and just relaxed to sleep in my room when I started hearing the pitter patter of mice somewhere in my BEDROOM. GROSS! I flipped the light on and tried to locate the source. No luck. Oh yeah. Christy left the light on all night and didn't get much any sleep at all. I had to go to Overland Park on Tuesday for a class. Believe it or not I was actually ok most of the day. I started feeling sleep deprivation's effects on my drive back to LaCygne, however. That was scary. Tuesday evening's sleep attempts weren't much better. I left lights on in the living and dining rooms (I know... but it made me feel better to think lights would help.) I left the TV on too. Well... THAT didn't make me sleep much better than the night before so Wednesday I went to work exhausted by this point. I decided around 11:45a.m. to call it a day as I was starting to shake and my eyes were practically swollen. I took the rest off and crashed at Mom's house for a few hours of hard sleep. Also decided that staying over at Mom's house that night was a good idea. I got up Thursday and went to work refreshed for once that week. My landlord had said she was going to set traps in the house so I felt like trying my own house again that night. Between the two of us several of the little nasties have been caught and removed and I have yet to hear another peep now for the past few days! She set out poison too (that worries me because I'd have to play hunt for the dead mouse if i works). Hopefully the traps took care of the problem. Time will tell, eh? I HATE mice. I'd take the noise of those stupid squirrels in the attic over this mouse hunt ANY day. Careful what you wish for, huh?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I didn't realize the spider was crawling ON YOU!?!?! OMG OMG OMG! I would have FREAKED!!

The five of us: Brent, Jennifer, Sophie, Blake & Graham said...

WHAT?! I have a serious case of the creepie crawlies right now!!!! EEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!! Spiders are the DEVIL, seriously...

My iTunes