Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Armed Robber Took My $$!!! Whaaaa?!!!?

Incredulous as it may seem, our small town was hit with a federal crime! Yes, the FBI and all showed up today! I drove past the scene with its "Do Not Cross - Crime Scene" tape, cop cars, and big city news reporters. It was quite exciting. I'm sure the tellers would tell you otherwise, but we all got a rush out of it. I was just arriving at the high school at 2:00 p.m. when I noticed the principal hurredly putting the keys in the locks. I jokingly asked, "So are you locking people in or out?" He not-so-jokingly said, "Out." I gathered from him the stunning news. A bank (1st Options) had been robbed in LaCygne. WHOA. I hurried back to the special ed classroom and filled them in (gotta love the chance to be the first to "tell" such a juicy story!) Well, after the big news and the locked doors, more news soon followed with the blurb that "no one is allowed to leave until the 'all clear' from the cops." I wasn't looking forward to an evening with the gang, but by 3:10 we were told we were good to go, however, kids going home to an empty house had to report to the office before they left ... we assume it's for the "don't open the door to strangers / go straight home" talk. I got home and watched the news. It was reported that the robber took off with $150,000. Yes, count the zeros! I didn't know this town needed that much or even HAD that much moolah just hangin' around! So the dude got my deposit from yesterday. Dang! There goes my $130. I hope he chokes on the chili dog he buys with it. Ok, so I wouldn't wish death on anyone, just a good scare maybe. I also heard he'd made it to at least Miami county as my aunt Linda said they'd heard he dropped his truck by a lake there. He must've known small towns don't have cops during the day or something. Way to fly, guys. As Ruthie said, "Wake Barney and give him his bullet!" :-) That's my story. That's what I know. We know it was a guy and that he was around 30 and about 6 foot tall. If you find anyone with some extra cash fitting that description, tell him I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS! (plus $128... it was just more fun to quote the "Better Off Dead" line). The reporter says they should have video in a couple days. Again, way to fly, guys. The dude could be out of the country by then, but we'll have a great 5x7 for the mantle.

4 comments:

Mel said...

how crazy was that

do you hear what I am saying..HEHEHE

Christy said...

i'm tellin' ya... it was crazy! All 5 schools had a total lockdown for an hour. Fun.

amanda said...

i'd love for you to put a 5x7 of him on your mantle. that's awesome!

Jen said...

Except it will be all fuzzy and blurry and you won't be able to see a damn thing...I hate when they show those on the news..."If you see this guy, please call the cops"...dude...if I could SEE the guy I might be able to throw you a bone...but fo realz yo!

My iTunes