Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Schedules, schmedules!
I am so very tired of trying to get my school schedule scheduled. Look at the word... does it even look like it SHOULD be a word?! SCHEDULE. Who made that word work? And who told the people of Great Britain they could pronounce it with a "sh" sound at the beginning? "School" is not "shool" for them, is it?
Anyway, I have a schedule for my LaCygne kids and my high schoolers, but still working on Fontana and Parker's schedules. Shouldn't be as difficult as LACYGNE's schedule! gee willickers! I have almost 30 kids at LaCygne alone! It's crazy to try and schedule that many kids and 14 teachers' schedules to work those kids in my building schedule. If I get any more kids, I think I'm going to have to insist on Saturday school. NOOOOOOOOOOO! Plus I have the "community kids" (outpatients, so to speak) to schedule. Gotta call those parents and work their schedules into my schedule. Yikesabee! It was the worst scheduling headache I've run into since I started this job. I told my para, Cristina, that I was going to need a big piece of paper, a pencil and a giant eraser to get started this morning... I was kinda kidding, but she got it for me (I think as a joke), but it DID help!
Another schedule I have to consider is the poor social worker's schedule. I share the tiny room I'm in with her. I'm sure she is not happy with me. She can't be in the room for at least most of the two days she's told me she is going to be in the building (at LaCygne, that is). The principal now has to work on his building/room schedules to adjust who is to go where to give the two of us (the social worker and I) the confidentiality our students all need.
It's crazy insane. "Schedule" is not my favorite word this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- View my profile
- Create your own travel map or travel blog
- Find the best vacation rentals at TripAdvisor
10 comments:
Breathe Christy, Breathe...and count to 10. Focus on a happy place. lol
Just what make that little old ant think he can move that rubber tree plant an ant cant but Christy can!
Hope it gets better. Our preacher had a saying a couple of weeks ago. "If you see a turtle on a post it didn't get there by it's self". Keep up the good work. Love ya
ay carumba!
Mel, so am I the turtle or the post? :-)
You know that is a good question. You would need help as the turtle to get on the post. So you would be the helper, but the post is the ground and that would be you to. you could be either. Just not both at the same time. you some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield.
well, neither the bug nor the windshield is pleasant. perhaps you should pick the post or the turtle. definitely the post or the turtle.
Hate to point out that at some point, that turtle has to come down in order to eat/drink/survive. Watch that first step...it's a doozy.
And I agree...schmedules doesn't look like it should be a word.
Any swelling of the lips lately? GEESH?! What would you have done w/o the second Speech Therapist this year? Seriously? Maybe they should have hired 2? Yikesabee is right! Well, I don't envy you but I also hope you don't have to waste your Saturday's working...that would suck the big one! :-(
Just think...Bunco is only 2 weeks away! :-) YEAH BUNCOOOOOO!
We should have family bunco at Thanksgiving!! YEA!!!
BUNCOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
And, yes, I don't know what I would've done if the new speechie wasn't there!!!!
Post a Comment