Thursday, March 08, 2007

Yes, it's official... I have pneumonia...

That at least explains why I couldn't get over what we figure started out as the flu last Friday. The P.A. hooked me up with a breathing machine, an antibiotic, some way powerful cough meds with narcotics in it, and some prednisone for later this week. I have a follow up appointment for next Tuesday too. I'm pretty sure I've been improving! I can sit up, get up and only cough a little bit now. I don't start hacking right away! Yay! The ribs feel as if I've done sit ups for a week though! As of today I am considered NO LONGER CONTAGIOUS! YESSSS! Always a good thing! I miss people. Most everyone who's been by this week has dropped it at the door and left right away. :-( I hate being the leper colony. I look forward to going out again. I've been off work since last Friday mid-morning and I'm off through this Friday. I can't even be excited about the time off as it's been a miserable week. I don't remember ever being this sick before. I need to do laundry, but I've been so tired that getting up and walking around either makes me dizzy or I start coughing to beat the band. I'm going to try it for sure tomorrow though. I need clothes and towels washed. Wish me luck! And don't forget to call once in a while. I'm getting better about being on the phone longer now! I miss you all! XOXOX

3 comments:

Jen said...

I called! I am glad you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Love you!

amanda said...

yeah, and just think... you'll go back to work next week and then it's spring break! awesome!!

Clog Nana said...

Creeping crud. I really hate being sick. I must say it has slowed way down after leaving school. Get better.

My iTunes