Wednesday, December 26, 2007
The Day After...
Woke up feeling good then remembered I had been in an accident. Wasn't sore (bonus), just remembered that I had a lot of phone calls to make. Started with the insurance agent. Secretary said she'd call the adjuster and see if he'd gotten the info. Had a mid-morning head-ache so I decided I NEEDED a nap. I was dreaming that Michael J. Fox was in dire need of my help as he had collapsed backstage of the immense school theatre we were in and it was up to me to find a phone and get help. It was one of those dreams where the harder you tried to move or talk, the less you could move or talk. It was like I was stuck. I remember feeling desperate and that I was trying to save this person but I kept getting distracted. I was an ADD first responder. JUST when I'd found a phone and was about to make that most important call, the phone called me. Dad was calling to see if the adjuster had called. Poor Michael J. Fox... I'll never know if he made it or not. I got up, got ready to go, picked up a pizza at Casey's and headed for the parents' house. As I pulled up behind my car I noticed the bowed tires and got the big picture of just how UNDRIVABLE the car is. Wow! I made several calls this afternoon: found out how much my deductible is for collision (half what I thought! Woo hoo!), contacted the adjuster a few times, made arrangements for a repair shop in Paola to do an estimate on my car (including arranging a tow truck to pick it up tomorrow morning), called Enterprise Rent-A-Car who informed me there are exactly ZERO cars available in all the KC metro area at the moment because of the ice/snow storms + holiday needs. Enterprise appreciated the fact I was flexible enough to wait until tomorrow morning because he was sure there would be returns by the 10:00 a.m. appointment he made for me (I still told him I'd call before I left as I didn't want my Dad to drive me the 45 miles just to find out there is NO car available. PLUS I told him I was not a little person and therefore could not drive a little bitty car... we'll see what I get... will keep you updated!) After all these phone calls I noted that it snowed about an inch this afternoon. I let Dad drive me to my house. I didn't figure he'd want me taking his truck out on snowy roads. ;-) They say it's supposed to stop this evening and not start up until tomorrow night. I'm hoping that's true. I'd hate to worry about the rental car too. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- View my profile
- Create your own travel map or travel blog
- Find the best vacation rentals at TripAdvisor
1 comment:
Now you're "Big pimpin' spendin' G's"...well at least the pimpin part in your temporary new ride! hehe! :-)
Post a Comment