Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Remember when I said I thought it could be worse...
My horoscope said I was supposed to have a 4-star day. Yeah. It's been a great Christmas day. Welcome to part 2 of my pity party. It started out quiet and uneventful. Talked to my sister on the phone. I got all the stuff ready to take to Melodie's house. Grabbed the gifts for my parents. Drove out. Exchanged gifts. Left their house about 11:45, making my way to the city. I made it to the stop sign. Attempted to hit the brakes. Slid through the un-treated and still quite snowy/icy and wet intersection. Swerved somewhat uncontrollably to the left. Noticed the truck coming from the hillside, also not stopping at his sign. Sped up to try to avoid him. (Good thing as if I hadn't moved it forward I probably would have been calling some of you from the hospital.) Had a feels-like-an-action-movie moment: BOOM. He hit my passenger side rear panel. Spun me around about 90 degrees (facing the hill). Moved the cars out of the intersection. Exchanged "Are you ok's?" Determined I was ok. Called Dad. Called the sheriff. Called my insurance company. Sat there waiting about 20 min. in the cold. Made a mental note to remember to put a blanket in the back seat during the winter. Sheriff arrived (she was on her way to a family dinner too...) Handed over my license, registration, and insurance. Filled out a report describing my side of the story. Exchanged info with the kid who hit me. (He was driving his girfriend's car... bad day for him!) An hour after I was hit, I was driving my car VERY slowly (5mph) back to Dad's house where it now sits waiting for the adjuster who is to call tomorrow. The back wheels are wonky and in order to drive a straight line I had to turn the steering wheel far to the right. Finished up the call with the insurance company. Made some phone calls to friends/family. Texted others. Spent the rest of the day with the parents. Had a nice lunch. Took a couple aspirin to ward off any aches I may have. Took a short nap. Talked to Jeff (who is in Malaysia) on the phone. Watched "A Christmas Story" with Dad and Mom. Borrowed Dad's truck to go home. Forgot I was to call Dad when I got home so had to field his worried call. Called a couple other friends. And here I am on the internet. How was YOUR Christmas day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- View my profile
- Create your own travel map or travel blog
- Find the best vacation rentals at TripAdvisor
1 comment:
Hey, at least you got to talk to Jeff and spend some time with mom & dad...it really could have been worse...
Post a Comment