Thursday, February 01, 2007

Scholar Bowl rocks their socks!

Just helped out with the school's regional scholar bowl tournament. Jeff was there and they offered to pay him to help too! We got 3 hours pay for an hour and a half's work! YESSS! Gotta love union rules! It was easy money. I read the questions. Jeff kept score. Mary Greiner made sure the answers were either correct or incorrect. I really enjoy reading the questions! Every once in a while I get to throw in a "smart" (air quotes, Mandy!) comment or two... For example, there was some math question dealing with matrixes. After the kids were done with the question, I told them my answer would have been "Keanu Reeves", but what did I know about the matrix. (I suppose if you didn't get that one, then you didn't see "The Matrix" movie. The kids had to think about it a second, but I did get a good laugh! One girl even said after the round that she like me, and I was fun!) :-) Made my evening! Fun times.

No comments:

My iTunes