Saturday, July 21, 2007

IT'S HERE!!!!

Spent this morning wishing the mail arrived early in the day. Went to the City Market in downtown Kansas City with Melodie and her friend Jen. Did a little shopping and then after a brief lunch with Melo and the boys, I headed home in anticipation of the arrival of my Harry Potter book 7. Well, little did I know at the time, but I beat the mail! As I did NOT know this, I assumed it wasn't coming today and was very very sad. :-( Poor pitiful me. I was jealous of my friend, Melissa, who had ordered it from Amazon.com also... she got hers this morning and had texted me that she was already on chapter 3 by the time I was heading home to get mine. I decided late this evening (after watching the news) that maybe I should track the order online. It said it had been delivered around 2:30... I got home at 1:30! YIKES! I've been home ALL DAY and didn't even know it was sitting out there in my box! I risked twisting an ankle (as it is PITCH dark right now) to go get it! (I was a little nervous that it may have been stolen! ... paranoia-me!) I reached into the dark mailbox to discover the box WAS there! YESSSSS! And such a cute package! I had to take pics to share! Observe the note to Muggles! And the cute owl post! So clever! If I am a little distracted or groggy this week, it'll be because I am READING! :-) SOOOOOO happy! Dear fellow Potter fans and Muggles everywhere, I'm off for now to open this box and swoop into my new book! TTFN!

2 comments:

Jen said...

OK, NO spilling the beans about ANYTHING! I still want to finish book 5 & 6 before I start book 7...although mine did arrive on Saturday also. :-) But not in a cute box like that...I ordered mine through barnes and nobles...oh well...could have saved like $6 if I waited and bought it at WalMart here in town...they were no where near sold out?!? Go figure...

Mel said...

Kathleen came and got Quentin and McKinley and took them at midnight to get the book .. Quetnin was SOOO excited.. they got home at 2 am.. glad it was her and not me!!!

My iTunes