Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"A PACK OF LIES..."

Only Jen (& Bob) may get that one. It was a line from one of Judd Fry's songs in "Oklahoma!" that struck me (& Jen) very funny last night. Oh how the table next to us must've hated us at that moment. In such a serious moment we were attempting to contain our laughter. Then, of course, there was the ANT incident. No, AUNT Melodie didn't do anything (besides burp her beautiful garlic mashed potatoes during the 1st act)... No, it was an actual ant who was apparently practicing up for the Olympic swim team in my Pepsi. He made it to the rim of my glass just as I was about to take a drink. At first I thought it was a remnant of some of the spices from the bread, but alas, I was mistaken. For his Olympian efforts, I decided to give him a "high one" (can't exactly give an ant a "high five" at his size). Must've been too much for the little guy... he moved no more. I proceeded to share his victory story with the waiter who then must've spoken with the manager who then came out to inform me they were comp'ing my table's bill. Cool. Cheap night out for me, Melodie & Jen! Yesssss! Now I just have to get the thought of drinking an ant out of my head! (*find a happy place***find a happy place*)

2 comments:

Jen said...

The backstroke would have been amazing! Poor guy, we will never know how good he could have been! lol! Thanks for the free dessert and coffee! YESSSSS!

Mel said...

He must of had an angry Nat friend that flew up my nose this morning!! alas I will avenge Fred Ant's death by flying up the nose of the one that would laugh at him. (their all going to laugh at you... their all going to laugh at you) but he was to die also when I squished him in an attempt to stop him from making a landing to far up!! hehe

Yes free is always good even it had to come at the expense of Fred Ant's death!!

My iTunes