Sunday, November 18, 2007

New Fav Restaurant

Jen and I (plus Decovin) decided to try out a "new" place to eat. We, being unofficial members of the Coupon Users of America (a.k.a. the CUA, if I may), decided to use my Entertainment book of coupons to peruse a place to meet in the KC area as it was a GORGEOUS autumn day outside and we felt like getting out our houses. We decided italian food sounded really good and Jen discovered an online coupon for V's Italiano Ristorante in Independence, MO. Italian food always sounds good to me and I'd always wanted to try that place. I've seen their commercials and have had (and liked) their sauce from their product line at the grocery store. The outside of the place is understated (looks small and I even almost missed it, driving right past). The inside is HUGE! Lots and lots of space... it even has a downstairs room. The decor is very pretty! (If I had a date, I'd want him to take me there!) We tried an appetizer: Seafood Stuffed Artichoke. WOW! Then we had their house salad... I wasn't going to eat salad until I tried it. That dressing is GOOD! They brought out italian and pumpernickel bread. Decovin feasted on his toasted beef ravioli (another tasty item, by the way). And as Decovin charmed half the staff and anyone eating nearby, Jen had the house specialty Seafood Fettuccini and I had another house specialty Baked Lasagna with meat sauce and mushrooms and I ordered us a half order of Garlic Toast with melted fresh mozzarella cheese. Ohhh my! All sooooo good! We had plenty of leftovers as we wanted to try a dessert. We ordered their Spumoni ice cream... Yeah, it was a tasty tasty treat. They had us at the artichoke. We all need to meet up there for a family lunch or brunch gathering. They do have nice deals for groups. :-) If you're in the mood for italian, we highly recommend it! Oh, their website is: http://www.vsrestaurant.com/

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yes, yes...HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend it...oh and it is only like 2 miles from Amanda's house...so ya know...:-)

My iTunes