Monday, November 26, 2007
Thanksgiving AND Christmas in November...WHAAAAT?!?!
Yes, we shifted gears quickly. Thanksgiving? Check. Christmas? Check. And it's not even December yet! I sent pictures through Kodak Gallery. If you didn't receive an invitation and would like to see them, email me and I'll share.
Thanksgiving was fabulous! Thanks, Ruthie, et al! Them was some mighty fine vittles! :-)
Black Friday shopping with Melodie, Jen, and Amanda was fun! Got lots of goodies at EXCELLENT prices. I almost got trampled at Target too! It was awesome! I don't know what those two girls were after, but I'll assume they got it as all I saw was their backsides as they zoomed past me down the aisle. We made it back an hour and a half before we were due for Janette's huge Thanksgiving dinner! Again, great food and a good Scrabble game was had. I was too exhausted to give it my all at that point as I was up at 4:15 on Thanksgiving and got home by 11:30 then up at 4:35 on Black Friday and stayed up to visit. No naps. I was TIIIIRED!
I did have a fantabulous visit with my parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephew over the weekend! We played games, watched Jeff "land" his new radio-controlled airplane in the top of one of the tallest trees around the house, drew lots of pictures for Decovin, "tasted" a lot of food prepared in Katrina's new microwave oven, opened Christmas presents, and even watched a few episodes of "Go, Diego, Go!" Yesssss! It was way cool! The kids are so cute playing all together now. A lot of it is watching the littler two chase down Katrina for whatever toy she happens to have, but it was still fun observing the ritual. I can't believe how much Decovin's language skills are growing lately! He's talking in several 3-word sentences! (ex. "Uh oh! It's the phone.") McKendra is starting to use her words too! Katrina is a regular chatter box! She can really use her imagination. We were hiding from monsters one minute and preparing meals for the kids in the next. They all seemed to enjoy the gifts and were thoroughly entertained playing with all the toys all weekend. Thanks to Mom & Dad, Jeff & Marianne, Katrina, McKendra, Bob & Jen, and Decovin for all the wonderful gifts! I love them!!
I got my ornaments on my new tree (see pic on the side). I will try to figure out how to get a video of it to post on here if I can so you can see it rotate. It's fun to watch now that it's filled with all my beautiful ornaments! (Including my new ones from Jen, Bob, and D!) COOL!
Alas, I had to go back to work today. I was a bit tired... I don't know why. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- View my profile
- Create your own travel map or travel blog
- Find the best vacation rentals at TripAdvisor
1 comment:
Time for a new quiz question...
Post a Comment