Monday, November 26, 2007

Vandals hit Fontana Elementary

Got to work this morning, walked up to the door, noted the boarded up window, and wondered briefly if someone broke in. Naaaahh, I thought... some kid must've accidentally broken the window in their haste to get into the building. As I entered I noticed more "removed" glass and thought, 'Well, maybe they're renovating, starting with the glass in the doors???' Got down to my room which, too, had no glass. Then I got the "poop", the scoop, the 4-1-1 (if you will) from the teacher who'd come in yesterday to work on the weekend and discovered all the damage. Somebody had broken in and caused $10,000 worth of damage to the school over the holiday weekend. :-( They sprayed fire extinguishers all over the stage and gym floors, took out a lot of windows, smashed some projectors and other classroom equipment. Nothing was stolen, per say. Idiots left footprints all over the gym. Had to be kids... or there are some really dense (and drunk) adults in the area. If this were the CSI tv show, they'd have them caught in 60 minutes or less, including processing the crime scene evidence. Alas, this is Miami county we're talking about, so it could be 6 months or more before we hear anything. If it was kids, someone may narc... If it was drunk adults, someone may brag during another binge. Let's hope justice prevails. Poor kids had to have their first day back to school of the Christmas season ruined by their teachers trying to define "vandalism". The kindergartner I pulled out of class this morning was so downhearted about it. All I can say is, "BOOK 'EM DAN-O!" GO MIAMI COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT!

No comments:

My iTunes